UK's Top Spas Are Announced
“This year's winners really impressed our Spa Spies with their incredible facilities, treatments, as well as their progressive efforts to be more eco-aware. In particular, many are moving to more sustainable products houses or creating their own using plants and herbs grown in the grounds. We were also excited to have a good number of new spas to review, which shows strength, growth and resilience in our industry”Caitlin Dalton, Director, Good Spa Guide
Announced at its annual awards event, the Good Spa Guide has revealed the top winning spas in eight UK regions, from the Channel Islands to Scotland. Utilizing an audit of their renowned Bubble Rating system and the opinions of their expert Spa Spies, anyone looking for a festive spa break or New Year treat can now fast-track straight to the best in the business.
Additionally, Fairmont Spa & Wellness, Windsor Park was awarded Best New Spa, sponsored by Natura Bissé. Chosen for its substantial size for a city spa, the Spa Spies loved the variety of beautiful on offer facilities and extensive treatment menu, including acupuncture, sports therapy and vitamin infusions.
Caitlin Dalton, Director at the Good Spa Guide said: “Spanning 2,500 square metres, The Fairmont Spa & Wellness is a thing of beauty with much to tantalise the modern spa goer. There’s a sleek indoor pool with double day beds, a Japanese foot spa with a pink blossom tree, a courtyard vitality pool surrounded by hanging egg chairs and a dedicated spa café, Greens, with a smoothie bar.”
All the winners were presented with sustainable statuettes, made from recycled glass and bamboo, at a lavish afternoon tea awards ceremony at the Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square on 28 November.
The eight 2022 Regional Awards Winners are:
Best Spa in The East Midlands and East: The Club at Cottonmill
The facilities at The Club at Cottonmill are second-to-none with three floors of saunas, steam rooms, experience showers, relaxation spaces and a gorgeous indoor/outdoor hydro pool. The spa garden is made for alfresco spa-ing with cabanas, loungers and bubbly hot tubs surrounded by Japanese-style waterways.
Best Spa in London sponsored by Aromatherapy Associates:
The Lanesborough Club and Spa
The Lanesborough is a vast white, neo-classical style mansion in the heart of one of London's most exclusive areas, on the edge of Hyde Park. The spa has a wow factor thanks to its opulent art-deco design and impeccable customer service; you can summon a spa butler at the press of a button in the relaxation lounge. Treatments have been exclusively designed by ila and Tata Harper.
Best Spa in The-North-West sponsored by Million Dollar Facial:
The Spa at Carden
Drawing inspiration from the tranquil 1,000-acre Carden Park estate, The Spa at Carden has carefully curated a range of Elemental Herbology and Oskia treatments using natural botanicals to improve wellbeing in a separate wood and glass building. The extensive Spa Garden – with its pool, sauna, variety of hot tubs, glass pods, fire pit and Bollinger Bar – is spa nirvana.
Best Spa in The North-East sponsored by Comfort Zone:
Three Graces Spa at Grantley Hall
The Three Graces Spa is dedicated to 'restoring beauty and balance' through treatments and personalised spa journeys. Beyond the treatments, you can swim in the 18-metre indoor pool, take a dip in the indoor hydrotherapy pool, or heat up/cool off in the sauna, steam room and snow room.
Best Spa in Scotland sponsored by OTO:
The Spa at Gleneagles
Gleneagles has a solid reputation for excellent Scottish hospitality, dramatic scenery and impeccable design. The spa is sublime, too, with gold and bronze wet facilities and a unisex vitality pool. There’s a huge focus on wellness with treatments from Tata Harper, Dr Barbara Strum – the first residence in the UK – and Gleneagles’ own range made from plants and herbs grown on the Perthshire estate.
Best Spa in The South-East sponsored by Murad:
The Spa at Pennyhill Park
With fantastic facilities – five-star hotel; award-winning restaurant – and a spa with a tremendous range of well-thought-out treatments from Natura Bissé and Comfort Zone, Pennyhill really does deserve its place on the spa pedestal. It's jaw-droppingly vast with eight pools - the most impressive being a 25-metre ballroom pool with underwater music – and a host of thermal delights.
Best Spa in The South-West and The Channel Islands:
The Headland Spa
The Headland Hotel is an imposing red-brick Victorian mansion set on a cliff top with far-reaching views over Fistral Beach. The five-star hotel has a 2 AA rosette restaurant, a stylish spa and a new £10 million wellness complex - The Aqua Club - with six sleek pools and Atlantic views.
Best Spa in The West Midlands and Wales sponsored by Voya:
The Elms Hotel & Greenhouse Spa
Occupying its own converted barn behind ivy-clad Elms Hotel, the two-storey Greenhouse Spa lives up to its name, with full-height glass, natural woods, hanging plants and tools reminiscent of Grandad’s shed giving it the leafy greenhouse. The pool and thermal suite are on the ground floor with the treatment rooms and relaxation areas above.
FULL LIST: 2022 Good Spa Guide Regional Awards Winners & Finalists
Best Spa in The East Midlands and East
- The Club at Cottonmill, Hertfordshire (Winner)
- The Spa at Breedon Priory, Derbyshire (Finalist)
- Y Spa at Wyboston Lakes, Bedfordshire (Finalist)
Best Spa in London sponsored by Aromatherapy Associates
- The Lanesborough Club and Spa (Winner)
- Four Seasons Hotel London Ten Trinity Square (Finalist)
- The Peak Health Club & Spa Jumeirah Carlton Tower (Finalist)
Best Spa in The North-East sponsored by Comfort Zone
- Three Graces Spa at Grantley Hall, Yorkshire (Winner)
- Rudding Park Spa, Yorkshire (Finalist)
- Serenity Spa at Seaham Hall, Durham (Finalist)
Best Spa in The North-West sponsored by Million Dollar Facial
- The Spa at Carden, Cheshire (Winner)
- Champneys Spa at Mottram Hall, Cheshire (Finalist)
- Buxton Crescent Health Spa Hotel, Derbyshire (Finalist)
Best Spa in Scotland sponsored by OTO
- The Spa at Gleneagles (Winner)
- Kohler Waters Spa at The Old Course Hotel (Finalist)
- Fairmont St Andrews (Finalist)
Best Spa in The South-East sponsored by Murad
- The Spa at Pennyhill Park, Surrey (Winner)
- The Spa at South Lodge, West Sussex (Finalist)
- The Spa at Coworth Park, Berkshire (Finalist)
Best Spa in The South-West and The Channel Islands
- The Headland Spa, Cornwall (Winner)
- The Spa at Lucknam Park, Wiltshire (Finalist)
- Source Spa and Wellness, Saunton Sands, Devon (Finalist)
Best Spa in The West Midlands and Wales sponsored by VOYA
- The Elms Hotel and Greenhouse Spa, Worcestershire (Winner)
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa, Staffordshire (Finalist)
- Bamford Wellness Spa, Gloucestershire (Finalist
Best New Spa sponsored by Natura Bissé
- Fairmont Spa & Wellness, Windsor Park, Surrey (Winner)
- Rabbit Hotel & Retreat, Ireland (Finalist)
- Holte Spa at The Swan, Cumbria (Finalist)
- The Spa at Breedon Priory, Derbyshire (Finalist)
- Bokeh by Montcalm East, London (Finalist)
- Taplow House Hotel & Spa, Buckinghamshire (Finalist)
- King Street Townhouse Gym & Spa, Manchester (Finalist)
- The Elms Hotel & Greenhouse Spa, Worcestershire (Finalist)
- The Spa at Cashel Palace, Ireland (Finalist)
- The Spa at Manor House (Alsager), Cheshire (Finalist)