Sleep Deep At The Alpina Gstaad
We all know the power of a good night’s sleep is undisputed as a foundation for good health. With the introduction of its new Sleep Suite, alongside carefully curated lifestyle supports, The Alpina Gstaad intelligently and actively addresses one of the biggest health issues of our time.
The brand-new dedicated ‘Sleep Suite’ has been created at the luxury Swiss hotel in partnership with Freshbed, creators of the world’s first climate-controlled bed. Using temperature control systems designed to regulate skin temperature, guests can now sleep in an optimal microclimate where lower humidity levels facilitate up to double the hours of uninterrupted sleep.
Black-out blinds and blue light blocking glasses are also provided (though a digital detox is recommended), as well as an introductory CBD oil designed to assist with the regulation of sleep patterns.
Air filtering green plants such as Dragon Tree, Monstera Deliciosa and Orchids purify the atmosphere and diffused essential oils are specifically blended to relax the central nervous system and smell gorgeous.
Suite guests will also be offered a personalised Six Senses sleep consultation where the best treatments to enhance sleep are recommended. Perhaps a guided body balancing treatment with breath work and elements of Tai Chi and Pilates? Those looking to calm a busy mind can also access the hotel sponsored app, ‘Synctuition Mindspa Meditations’, for soothing 3D sounds and binaural beats which are both stress reducing and sleep promoting.
The sensory quest for a more restorative night’s sleep also includes a sleep supportive food menu created by the hotel’s Executive Chef, Martin Göschel, and inclusive of the hotel’s own honey and fresh herbal teas using medicinal Saanenland herbs. Guests can also enjoy power packed kiwis (full of vitamin C and anti-inflammatory antioxidants) and delicious local eggs containing tryptophan, renowned for triggering the production of that much-needed-for-sleep happy hormone, serotonin.
As Antonis Sarris, Head Therapist at the hotel’s Six Senses Spa says, “A good night sleep is better prepared for during the day – ensuring we cultivate a proper mindset, exercise enough and enjoy a balanced diet.”
THE ALPINA GSTAAD’S TOP 6 TIPS TO SLEEP DEEP
1. Enjoy daily mindful walks in nature for 30 minutes either in the morning or evening; practice Yoga, Tai Chi or Pilates
2. Practice diaphragmatic breathing and meditate, focusing on a small white light in the navel (chakra) in the evening for 10-15min before bed
3. Perform a self-body-massage with oil, paying attention to your head, ears and tops of shoulders
4. Enjoy a protein-rich dinner with tryptophan - an important hormone for sleep found in both eggs and turkey. Bone broths help to balance the wind element in Tibetan Medicine and calm the central nervous system.
5. Avoid coffee and strong tea in the evening and alcohol consumption near sleeping hours
6. Keep a steady sleeping schedule, ideally of 7.5 hours (not more) every day, even during the holidays
The Sleep Suite at The Alpina Gstaad costs from CHF 4,350 per person, based on single use for two nights. The price for double use is CHF 4,850 (for two nights).
The Alpina Gstaad is open for the summer season until 10 September 2022.